This seminar is not being arranged by ICW. We are sharing this information at the suggestion of one of our partners.
Wellington: Public Forum on Alcohol-related Submission Opportunities
Now is the time for evidence-based action on alcohol-related harm!
To build momentum for change, Alcohol Healthwatch, together with New Zealand Nurses Organisation, and New Zealand Medical Association, is holding a public forum to assist professional and community stakeholders in preparing their submissions.
This workshop will cover:
- Louisa Wall's Private Members' Bill: Sale and Supply of Alcohol (Renewal of Licences) Amendment Bill
- The Tax Working Group call for submissions
- The Mental Health and Addictions Inquiry
This forum will help you to understand:
- How we can reduce the number of alcohol outlets in our communities
- How increasing the tax of alcohol is aligned with a social justice approach
- How implementing strong alcohol policies can improve mental health
Join us in Wellington, Thursday 5th April at Westpac Stadium
The workshop runs from 9am to 4pm, free of charge, but registration is essential as places are limited.
Don't forget the closing dates for the submissions:
- Wednesday 25th April Sale and Supply of Alcohol (Renewal of Licences) Amendment Bill
- Monday April 30th The Tax Working Group call for submissions
- End May (date TBC) The Mental Health and Addictions Inquiry
To register please email Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, organisation, city (Auckland, Wellington, or Christchurch), and any dietary requirements, or phone (09) 5207036. Please RSVP for complimentary parking if required.
From the friendly team at Alcohol Healthwatch, in association with New Zealand Nurses Organisation and New Zealand Medical Association.
Copyright © 2018 Alcohol Healthwatch All rights reserved.
DISCLAIMER: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within this e-bulletin, Alcohol Healthwatch accepts no legal liability or responsibility as to the accuracy, content or use of any information made available through this e-bulletin. All links to other websites are provided for convenience only. Alcohol Healthwatch accepts no legal liability or responsibility as to the content, accuracy or use of information posted by other websites. The production of this e-news is funded by the Ministry of Health.