After serving the residents and businesses of central Wellington for the past 10 years, your committee decided that it was timely to reflect on how far we’ve come and to consider how we want to position ourselves for the next 10 years. So, since October last year we’ve had a series of half day workshops to plan the future of the association.
At our Annual General Meeting on 26 April 2017, 6 – 7.30 pm at CQ Hotel, 213-223 Cuba St, we will formally launch:
- A new name – Inner City Wellington / Te Reo Pokapū o Pōneke; the voice of Te Aro and Wellington Central
- A three year strategic plan that outlines our strategic priorities
- A new website www.innercitywellington.nz that will provide better access to the materials we produce
Of course, at an AGM we need to do all the usual things as well. So, we’ll consider the Chair’s report and the financials, and the election of committee members. While it important to have continuity, we are also mindful that to achieve the goals of our new strategic plan that it is vital that we encourage and enable others to be involved, particularly in topics of interest to them. We are also keen to have your suggestions of new topics that you would like to lead and involve others on.
As a heads up, so you can think about how you could support, participate and be involved, we know we will need:
- A details person (often called a Secretary) who can keep track of our emails, take some bullet point minutes at our monthly Committee meeting and AGM, and just generally make sure the t’s and i’s are sorted
- A team (lead and participants) to take on the new ‘community resilience’ topic. This will be a key focus for WCC, so we need to be at the table and involved in the discussions.
If you are keen to participate and be involved in progressing any of the strategic priorities, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or at the AGM.