1. Introductions / Terms of Reference Ben
2. Background Information: Ben/Joe
- Present the overall picture – surrounding project, overall picture
- Outline extent of the Project area
3. Current Situation - Miramar – Brainstorm: Ben/Joe
- What is the wider character of Oriental Bay?
- What are currently some of the positive things you see in Miramar?
- What are the issues currently happening in Miramar?
4. Present Issues Paper: Ben/Joe
- Present issues identified in Issues Paper
- Are these accurate? Any more to add? Discuss how to finalise issues paper
5. Our Opportunity – approximately $1M from WCC to spend on street improvements Ben/Joe
What are the outcomes you want from developing this area? – Brainstorm (in groups):
- Safer routes for all types of cyclists/pedestrians?
- Better connectivity?
- Something the community is proud of?
6. What are some high level options to achieve these outcomes? – Brainstorm (in groups): Ben/Joe
· More traffic islands/speed restrictions in certain areas?
· Continuous, consistent marked cycleway?
· More/less green space/vegetation?
Consider the following specific aspects:
· How do we cater for people on foot?
· How do we cater for people riding bikes?
· How do we cater for the buses and passengers?
· How do we cater for people driving cars?
· How do we cater for trucks/service & delivery vehicles?